Sunday, January 31, 2010

Feeling Better

Dancing with his balloon
Playing at the mall

Practicing his climbing skills
Playing is fun, but exhausting!

Evan had a bad cold most of the week, but is finally feeling better. He didn't sleep well and coughed for a few nights. He would sleep for an hour and then wake up with a stuffy nose. I know how yucky I feel when I have a cold, so I always feel bad when he has one. Other than not sleeping great at night, it didn't seem to slow him down any during the day. He was still on the move and getting into everything that he could.
We had his 15 month appointment on Thursday and he continues to be in the 95-97th percentile across the board. He is 28 pounds and 33.5 inches...a big boy. He loves the doctor's office because they have a huge fish tank. When we got there, he was having a grand time watching the fish, running around, and saying "hi" to the other kids in the waiting room. He did a good job, but was not happy when it came time for shots. (Not that I blame him!) He usually cries for a minute and then is fine, but he cried for a good 15 minutes in the car. I think it was a combination of not feeling good, being tired, the shots, and the fact that he had a HORRIBLE diaper rash! The doctor gave us a prescription for "Poop Goop"...seriously, that is what it is called...and now he is as good as new!
My mom and dad came up this weekend to hang out, since they hadn't seen Evan since New Year's. We went for dinner on Friday night and they played while I went into work for awhile on Saturday. I got home and my mom said Evan had discovered how to open the freezer and take ice cubes out (we have a bottom freezer) and had climbed up onto a chest in his room to look out of the window. Agh! Now he is even more mobile than before! He loves to climb and finds a way to climb onto almost everything.
Saturday night I was hungry for "breakfast", so we went to Perkins. Evan spent the entire time staring at the 2 little old ladies at the table next to us. He would stare at them, the squeal with delight when they looked at him. We kept trying to get him to turn around and eat, but he was obviously more interested in them. He loves to be Mr. Social!
Today I took him to the mall and let him play at the play area. He LOVED it! I was a little overwhelmed with the number of kids and the noise, but it didn't' seem to phase Evan. He squealed when he saw the other kids and spent most of the time following another little girl around. (And watching an old man sleep...he is easily entertained!) He is very brave and was trying everything out. It was great and we will definitely do that more in the months to come.
He started saying "car" this week and it is very cute. It sounds more like "ca", but he says it and points out the window. He is also starting to mimic sounds that we make and words that we say.
Work has been hectic and busy, but Evan is such a bright spot in my day. I love when he says "mama" when I walk in to pick him up at Betsy's. His smile and giggle warm my heart everyday!

No comments: